For anyone who has wondered why I love dance/dance shows/musicals so much, blame Bollywood.
1. That in the span of one 6-minute song it is indeed possible to travel from India to Australia to Switzerland and back to India again.
2. That it is okay for a straight man to wear unbuttoned sheer shirts IF he is singing a love song to a girl while wearing it. And rolling around in the ocean with her.
3. That intermissions are necessary during movies longer than three hours.
4. That (in my opinion) Aishwaraya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world. Oprah thinks so too, just saying.
5. That it is entirely possible to make a song about a lemon very very dramatic and entertaining. (This video will also prove my Aishwaraya theory)
6. That it is not necessary to be a talented actor to do well in Bollywood. If you’re somewhat good looking and can dance you’ll do just fine. But if you can’t dance, lord help you, you better be able to act.
7. That pretty dresses make everything interesting.
8. That it’s not necessary for two people in love to kiss.
9. That it never gets old watching a guy go in for a kiss and the girl dramatically turn her head so he gets a mouthful of hair. It’s also entertaining to watch her run away giggling while he shakes his head and smiles watching her.
10. That it’s possible for one guy to fight off about 20 other guys with just his bare hands. Even after he’s been shot. Especially while carrying his dying girlfriend in one arm.
11. That no party, engagement, wedding, first day of school, etc is complete without an elaborate song and dance number.
12. That backup dancers are everywhere,
13. That people in India seem to rarely own pets. Weird.
14. That these two women can dance like nobody’s business.
15. So can this guy
16. That a Bollywood movie with no song or dance numbers is kind of like Avatar without the special effects. It’s nice, but kind of pointless.
17. That Slumdog Millionaire is NOT a Bollywood film.
18. That most of my expectations of love have come from these movies. And Disney, but that’s a whole other post (coming soon!)
19. That I realllllly need to take a trip to India.
20. That I’m glad my parents use to make me watch all these movies. I can’t really imagine my life sans-Bollywood.
Here’s one last video for the road. It’s one of my faves. The song, the dance, the outfits, everything makes me so happy.