In honor of Twitter unveiling “New Twitter” and the fact that I JUST figured out how to use regular Twitter, here we go!
1. For someone like me, who puts a lot of thought into everything they say, how it could be taken and, most importantly, how funny it is 140 characters is NOT ENOUGH. I can literally use that all up in commas, periods and question marks. Also, why is a space considered a character? It’s like air and air is not a character! Have you ever seen movie credits that say “and guest starring….Air”? No. Get on that Twitter.
2. You can make anything into an actual topic of conversation by putting one of these in front of the word(s): #. How crazy is that?! #college #procrastination #imblogginginsteadofstudyingbecauseimsoovercollegeandwanttograduateandgetanawesomejob. SEE, so cool!
3. Not only can Kanye West be considered the voice of our generation, he is now the voice of Twitter.
4. Retweets are kind of like sloppy seconds. Except less slutty.
5.I found out about John Mayer quitting Twitter….on Twitter.
6. 5,249,325. That is the number of followers Justin Bieber has. I am one of them. By the time you read this that number will probably be higher as will my degree of Bieber Fever.
7. Twitter is one of the few things that makes me feel like a 23-year-old. If you knew what time I go to bed, you’d think I was 65. If you knew how much Disney Channel I watch, you’d think I was 12. If you knew what went on in my head, you’d think I was crazy (oh wait, I am.) However, I can tweet from my phone and that’s what people my age do. It might be the only thing we do, but we do it well.
8. Twitter (or Twitterers, or Twits, whatev) need(s) spell check. It needs spell check more than I need to get over my dream of marrying an American tennis player and traveling all over the world with him while he wins championship after championship (all because of my love and support, of course). Yea, it needs it bad.
9. Twitter should win the award for “Website that made Mansee feel like a tool because she hated it for so long and thought that people who used it were dumb and it would never catch on and now she’s on it and is slightly obsessed with knowing what the Jonas Brothers are doing at all time.” I’ll even make a plaque.
10. Even though I only have 17 followers (pathetic, I know) I honestly think those 17 people truly truly care about my tweets. Even @FunNews. I don’t know who they are or what they do but I do know that they care deeply about me.
11. Insert shameless plug here: Follow me @ManseeKMuzumdar 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my “Read this too!” page here. All good blogs, totally worth your time.