My brother just left for the airport.
I hugged him goodbye, thanked him again for the new phone (!) and then curled back up in our big comfy chair ready to watch the 9th episode of Dexter (season 1).
And then I remembered that it wasn’t Christmas anymore. That I should probably stop stuffing my face with cookies and wear real pants for a change. Aside from work, I’ve been in jeggings and black stretchy pants. I’m certainly not complaining, but the people who have to look at me (read: my family) are probably dying a little on the inside every time I refuse to be normal.
And I thought baking for them would make up for all that. Hmph.
Anyways, for some odd reason updating this blog makes me feel productive, and productivity is what I need. I do well when I actually have things to do. Imagine that. Since I need to get back into planning my posts, you’re getting another list style one. Deal.
Some highlights from the past few days:
- Christmas was pretty legit, as it always is. Got some nice things and ate some awesome food. Done and done.
- My new phone that my bro generously got me is Awesome. And once I figure out how to use it correctly, I, too, will be Awesome.
- My niece and nephew are the cutest kids ever. That is all.
- Ate really good sushi (again, thanks to my brother).
- Realized my parents and I are even more lame than I previously thought since none of us knew of any sushi restaurants other than Kona Grill and HEB (seriously).
- Baked and baked and baked. This is a good thing since I agreed to go vegan for a month with my mom starting in January (more on this later..if I don’t die from lack of animal).
- Discovered Dexter (guess who this is thanks to?) and realized it is possible to crush on a serial killer. Whooops
Hope y’all had a wonderful holiday!