No, I’m not talking about me walking around in four inch heels. Although that is one balancing act I’m proud of…
One of my favorite bloggers SnackFace sent out a little “challenge” to all her faithful readers to write a post about what balance means in their life. Hers are all classy and wonderful, mine are not. Hopefully somebody will read this and agree with at least one of mine, thus proving that I am not the only weirdo in this world.
Balance in my life means…
- Spending $85 on a haircut and $7 on a pair of shoes.
- Wearing ridiculous amounts of eye make-up and “finishing the look” with lipsmackers.
- Eating oatmeal for breakfast and gummy bears for dinner.
- Doing a hardcore weights session at the gym and then taking a leisurely walk on the treadmill.
- Having a mild obsession with both George Clooney and Justin Bieber.
- Studying for college finals while listening to Miley Cyrus.
- Spending one day doing nothing but watching mindless TV and working two jobs the next day.
- Going out on the town on Dec. 30 for my best friend’s birthday and staying in and watching a movie on Dec. 31 for New Years.
- Eating eggs and bacon hours before starting a month-long vegan “diet”.
- Applying for jobs in New York City and San Francisco one day, and Austin and Houston the next.
- Watching the Food Network on TV while reading the news online.
- Drinking nothing but coffee in the morning and nothing buy Sugar-Cookie tea at night.
- Wearing leggings at work and jeggings at home.
- Going to Target and buying nothing but workout clothes and baking supplies.
- Having a bookshelf filled with Chuck Palahniuk, Jen Lancaster and Nicholas Sparks.
And last but not least..
- Being completely in love with my life while having a ridiculous need for change.
What does your balance look like? Please tell me somebody else eats candy for dinner!