Perhaps you’ve noticed I’ve been gone for a while. Or perhaps you haven’t?
Don’t worry, it won’t hurt my feelings.
I’ve been a bad blogger and I have no excuse. Slap my wrists. Take away my TV…whatever. Maybe one day I’ll learn my lesson.
Probably not, though.
Either way, looks like we have some catching up to do! So here goes..
1. I’ve been working two jobs this past week. Originally I was going to come on here and be all “poor me, I have to work two jobs and had no time to blog! womp womp.” But then, I decided not to. Plenty of people work multiple jobs and manage to keep a smile on their (tired) face. The reason I didn’t blog wasn’t because of lack of time, but rather lack of content. You think bras and coffee are interesting? Well then, you go start a blog about them.
2. I stayed up past 10 p.m. EVERY DAY this past week. Some days I didn’t go to bed until like 1:30 A.M. I’ll allow you a few seconds to process this. I went to bed on a different day than I woke up. I hear people do this all the time! Crazy, huh? Obviously I would have loved to be sound asleep by 10, but some days I didn’t even get off work until 11:30. And I can never just come home and go to bed. I always ALWAYS read or something before falling asleep. Um, and I might have stayed up one of those nights playing Angry Birds on my phone. Don’t judge.
3. Sadly, no matter what time I fell asleep I still always woke up earlier than I needed to. I don’t know if it’s because I’m ready to be a grown-up and get up for a career, or because my body is afraid it’ll go into a coma if I keep sleeping a million hours a day. Either way, coffee is my friend.
4. On Friday and Saturday I had to open at one job (7:30-12) and then go to my next (1-6). I wanted to cut off my feet both days. I need out of retail as soon as possible.
5. I’m done complaining now.
6. I fell in love with a random woman at my gym. She was on the treadmill in front of me watching the food network. LOVE. I think we might be soul mates. Also, she was adorably short so I could see her TV perfectly. It was just the most amazing workout of my life. Weezy in my ears, Barefoot Contessa on my eyes. Lovely.
7. I found out my sass has officially rubbed off on my mother. While watching the Golden Globes she spent the entire three hours making fun of people. It was glorious. Love her.
8. I made vegan cookies! They’re not awesome, but I’ve had about 15 so that obviously doesn’t matter.
9. Speaking of cookies, my parents went to the outlet malls while I was working today (not that I’m complaining or anything…) and bought me new wire cooling racks. If you know me, you know how excited this makes me. Cookies for everyone!
10. I’m thinking about having a social life again. First step is going to a movie sometime this week. Then I’ll move on to drinks. And then we’ll see about a dinner. Maybe I”ll go bowling! Or to a party! Oooh a bowling party!
11. And perhaps the most important piece of information for you: I haven’t worn my jeggings in over a week. That, my friends, is what I call progress…
12….actually that’s a lie. I wear regular leggings pretty much all the time. And not in the good “I do yoga everyday” Jessica way. Mine is more of the “why wear pants if you have nowhere but the couch to go” kind of way.
I promise I’ll wear real clothes to the movie. Can’t say the same about bowling though. Sorry.