Did anybody see the move “He’s just not that into you”?
I never read the book, but I own the movie and watch it from time to time when I feel like swooning over my ideal man. Which is obviously a Bradley Cooper look-a-like with Justin Long’s personality.
Can somebody make one for me? I’d call him Bradtin. We’ll be very happy together.
Moving on, I learned one thing from that movie: That I am the rule, not the exception.
I also learned that Bradley Cooper is still sexy when he’s being a tool bag and a half, but I really should have known that to begin with.
Anywho, even though Gennifer Goodwin told me (and Jen Aniston and Jennifer Connelly) that we are all just a bunch of rules, I still seem to insist that I’m an exception. And I do it over and over again. If we’re being honest here, I completely annoy myself sometimes. But it’s okay. I am who I am.
Case in point:
- I think I can wear black clothes while baking because I honestly believe I can keep flour from magically appearing all over my kitchen, and myself. And by “magically appearing”, I mean I dumped an entire cup of flour on myself yesterday.
- I think I can work while watching a movie, fully expecting to actually get work done. Ha.
- I think drinking (alone) while working on a Saturday night (alone) in my apartment (alone) will not make me feel like a loser. I’m not saying that others who do the same are losers, I’m just saying that I am.
- I think I can wear high heels all day and night and not want to eventually cut my feet off.
- I think I can walk into a shoe store and just “look around”. BUT In my defense, I really needed neutral wedges. Like, seriously.
- I think I can buy a box of cereal and tell myself that I will actually eat it, even though I don’t really like cereal.
- I think I can not do my hair, and still be an acceptable member of this society. Negative.
- I think I can live alone and not be terrified of every single noise I hear. Like my freezer.
- I think I can carry off bangs even though I have a nonexistent forehead, and everybody would think my eyebrows grew into my head. I still want bangs.
So what have we learned from this?
Well nothing, because I’ll probably continue doing the above for the rest of my life.